Welcome!

So, if you've made it to this page, you've found out that there's writing on the wall for you to read. So what you want to do is this. Find your name on the right hand menu and click on it, if it appears more than once, click each link individually. There is probably a reason for that. It will take you to what you're supposed to read. Enjoy it, and keep coming back to see if any additional postings have been made about you. I am so thankful for you and all you have given to me. I have grown so much because of you and your continued presence in my life. Remember: Find your name!

Monday, January 5, 2009

Andrew Sky Allen Thureson

Dear Andrew,

In November 2007 you were wandering the halls of Overlake Christian Church in the same event that I was. I came seeking purpose. I came seeking a fresh start. Then I heard that voice which soon would become part of the playlist of my life. I turned around, and foolishly, oh so foolishly couldn't think of a better introduction for myself but "My gosh you've got pretty teeth." Who knew it'd seal the deal for a lasting friendship? Anyways, after enjoying Lincoln Brewster rock out with the occasional five-minute conversation the night drew to and end. I'd only gotten your name... Remember?

The next day I arose thinking how blessed I'd been to find such a positive person and how I'd failed to at least secure an email address. God was listening. He was listening to my heart very closely. About halfway through the day I looked up and saw that pretty set of teeth again. I knew in that instant I needed to attain contact information. I did so. We ended up parting ways in the hallway...
Skip forward past a few very awkwardly danced concerts and a few Facebook wall posts, there came a day when I remembered something. You'd promised me coffee. Quite frankly, I didn't have any money, and I really, really wanted that cup of coffee. This would land us in late-March, early-April...

From that cup of coffee it was plainly obvious we'd connected. Not between the two of us, but in the world. I'd just been introduced to this business opportunity by a couple of other guys who I wasn't quite comfortable with. Then you started talking about your line of work which was frighteningly similar. But the way you approached it made it feel less scary and then two weeks later I'm in Spokane with you and your parents. It was then that I realized that you had something different from most people. You had a genuine heart and a fierce passion for Christ and you actually acted in accordance...

Anyways, you knew all this, but what you may not know is how grateful I am for your continued presence in my life. You have helped me to bring out a side of me I'd forgotten existed and you brought out a part of me that I didn't know existed at all. Because of your leadership and your friendship you have helped me to learn to trust men again. I know that seems weird, but seriously, it's the truth. You have restored in me the fact that not every guy is in it for the same end result. Especially since you know how I've been hurt in the past. You care about the people in your life very deeply and that is so amazing. You don't judge me for the mistakes I make, you're there for the occasional whine-sessions, and you are there to lift me up. You continually make me strive for better. You continually make me want not just to survive on this planet, but you make me want to live.

I am so thankful for you. So thankful for the song in your heart. So thankful. I expect you to keep changing in slight ways, but don't ever change that heart. It's made of solid gold. I am so blessed I get to see it so closely.

In Him, Amanda Marie

1 comment: